Thursday, May 27, 2010

HANBOK SHOPPING

Thursday I went shopping with Molly for a new Hanbok - it's a traditional Korean dress women wear for special occasions. I wish I had brought the one I bought during my first trip to Korea, but then again; it's more than 10-years-old.  Molly has mentioned that with all these events we go to, she wished that she wasn't the only one wearing a Hanbok...that's all I needed to hear.  She took me to the place where a woman has been making her Hanbok's for years.  And it's the same woman that made Hanbok's for Berta Holt too! I couldn't pass up this opportunity!



It's a little overwhelming when you first walk into the store. So many colors and patterns to choose from! it makes your head spin! 






We looked through a few books, and I decided on a traditional Korean Hanbok (like the one in the picture above).  They have "modern" ones they make these days, but they aren't as elegant in my opinion. 





I picked a beautiful red one, with a white jacket! It's GORGEOUS!! can't wait to wear it and post it on my blog! 


No comments:

Post a Comment