Saturday, May 8, 2010

PARENT'S DAY

Saturday (May 8th) was "Parent's Day" here in Korea.  They celebrated Mother's Day for some time, and had no Father's Day - and all the men complained, so they created a "Parent's Day" instead of having two seperate days.

Here are my folks - Paul & Joan Dionne
married for over 50 years!


I'm so thankful they received a picture of me all the way from Korea...

...and picked me to be their daughter!
 I'm so very lucky to be loved by such wonderful parent's. 

My parent's gave us a wonderful place to spend summers.  Our cabin on Sacheen Lake gave us so many family memories.  Catching frogs, fishing, turtle races for 1/2 lb. candy bars, rowdy games of BINGO, and who could forget all those motorcycle rides?


We each got a 10-speed Schwinn on our 12th Birthday, and our own stereo and room redecorated on our 16th Birthday.  

They gave us pets like Moses, Fluffy, Joy, Saga, Love, Chip and Reddy!


My parent's gave me my first trip back to Korea, and I wouldn't have wanted to go with anyone else other than the two of them.  It was an amazing trip and I will never forget that special gift they gave me. 

I love my parent's very much, and I'm thinking of them today as Korean's all over the country celebrate Parent's Day.

sarang-haeyo omma wa oppa 
   사랑해요 엄ㅁㅏ 의 아ㅍ파
              "I Love you Mom & Dad"            

No comments:

Post a Comment