Wednesday, May 5, 2010

KIM AR CHI WENT HOME TODAY

Our beloved Kim, Ar-Chi (김 알 치) went home today... Molly received the phone call, and I cried and cried...we were in the middle of the "Children's Day" picnic with some of the residents. 

KIM AR CHI
8.6.59 - 5.5.10

Monday we went with Molly to see Ar Chi in the hospital.  He was happy to see me, Martin and Mee Hyang.  He look frail.  I gave him a big kiss on the cheek when we left, because I knew it may be the last time I saw him.  I'm glad I had the chance to say good-bye to my friend and brother.  He was such a sweet and caring man. 

Molly comforted me today and reminded me that he's in a better place, because he's with our Lord Jesus.  The pain and suffering has ended for Ar-Chi, and I hope he's dancing with Ga Hyun, and got a big hug from Grandpa & Grandma Holt. 

It's been a difficult 3 months here at Ilsan Town.  They have had 3 family members pass away since Martin and I arrived.  The first being a resident that was in the hospital before we both arrived, so we never met him.  But we've now lost Ga Hyan and Ar Chi, two residents we came to know and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment