Sunday, June 13, 2010

DNA HAS BEEN PROVIDED

KBS made an appointment for me today at 1pm at Seoul National University Hospital to give some blood for DNA. 


This place was HUGE! and as busy as a shopping area! 



I thought I would go to the main hospital first and see if I could find anyone that speaks English. How I was suppose to find the "Legal Medicine Lecture Room" without speaking Korean was beyond me? But I got there an hour before my appointment, so I had plenty of time to figure this out.


Oh and by the way - it's not uncommon to see patients just walking around in their pajamas with their IV stands!





Thank goodness for my resourceful abilities...I saw a sign that said, "International Clinic" - surely they speak English in there (I thought).  So I headed over to their little office. As soon as I walked in, I heard English! A kid from San Diego (Korean American) found out where I was suppose to go, and then took me to the office! HOW COOL WAS THAT?? The first place I tried...couldn't have been easier! 


Interesting practices they have in Korea.  The (young) woman that took my blood, drew it without wearing gloves (weird).  She filled a vile of my blood, then poured it into another vile and just threw the first one out in a trash can next to her (weird).  She then had me write my name on the second vile of blood.  But I have to say, that was the easiest stick I've had! didn't hurt a bit.  

I love how Koreans name things in English - What a nice way to say it...


DNA has been taken....and now I just wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment