Thursday, June 10, 2010

HERE WE GO....

This afternoon while I was out (I was actually gone picking up my new Hanbok dress!) I received a call from KBS. When I got back, the house mother showed me a post it note; and all I saw among the Hangul was "KBS" and "DNA."  She was speaking in Korean, and of course knew I couldn't understand her...from what I could tell she was telling me that KBS called and was reminding me to go get my DNA test done before I leave the country. I thanked her and put the note in my pocket.





When I came down for dinner, Molly was home (she was gone all day) and said, "you got the message about KBS?" and I replied, "yes, the house mother told me they called and that I need to go and get a DNA test..."  Molly said, "well yes that's right...because someone has contacted KBS about you," to which I replied, "WHAT?!" Molly giggled and said, "The house mother didn't think you understood her...because you were so calm about the news, so she asked me to make sure you understood...I guess you only understood PART of what she was telling you?" ... I just stood there with my hands over my mouth ... I was speechless ... and then uttered, "I didn't understand that part."  Molly then said, "that's the reaction the house mother was looking for!" as they both laughed...

I called my contact at KBS - she is going to schedule an appointment for me to give some blood at a hospital in Seoul on Monday.  I asked her about "the" inquiry and all she could say was that "several people" have come forward since my appearance...SEVERAL?? oh WOW!

So here we go...and thank goodness for KBS who pays for the DNA tests to make sure everything is legit before-hand.  

2 comments:

  1. quit putting it off...go now!

    keren

    ReplyDelete
  2. KBS has to make the appoint. for me...and the hosptial only takes DNA on Mon. - Thurs. So I'm hoping they can get me in on this Monday.

    ReplyDelete