Friday, March 19, 2010

DR. CHO

If you don't know about Dr. Cho, you must scroll down and read my blog about this amazing woman! Dr. Cho comes every Friday and checks on some of the ill residents here at Ilsan.  She is an amazing woman, who has dedicated her life and medical career to the orphan children of Korea. 

She has been called the "godmother of adopted children." And I deeply consider her to be my Halmony (grandma in Korean). 

The other night Dr. Cho received a special award from a pharmaceautical company.  The ceremony was held at the Shilla Hotel (a five star hotel in Seoul).  There were 8 other physicians honored that night, but Dr. Cho's award was the last to be given.  She had received the highest honor of the night. 

Molly tried to see if I would be able to attend the event, but unfortunately this was a planned event with assigned seating, and a seven course meal.  I sent along a beautiful flower plant in a ceramic pot with Molly to give to Dr. Cho that night.  Molly reported back to me that Dr. Cho was showered with bouquets of flowers, more than ten in all.  At the end of the night, Dr. Cho asked some of her friends to take some of the bouquets home with them; however she took my plant home with her! This made my heart happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment