Saturday, March 6, 2010

I HAVE ARRIVED


It took two days of travel, but I made it to Ilsan without any problems. I was greeted at the airport by Miss Molly Holt, along with a sign that had my name on it. Next to Molly is Martin, another Korean adoptee from Norway who came with Molly to greet me. I was exhausted from my long journey and slept 10 hours that night. I'm still not entirely on Korean time yet, but I'm getting there.

We have met several residents, but tomorrow (Monday, March 8th) the work will begin. Martin and I will have Chapel in the morning at 9am, where we'll meet all of the staff members here at Ilsan. Then we will pick-up our first residents of the day and entertain them for about an hour. Then we return them to their house and go have lunch with Molly at her house. Then in the afternoon, we will pick-up different residents and entertain them for about 2 hours before returning them to their house.

I am so happy to finally be here and start my routine that I'll have for the next three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment