Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A FEW RANDOM PICTURES

Some of my pictures have sort of gotten lost in the shuffle of things...they're kind of random, so I thought I would share them now.


This is a picture of a little girl that has severe epilepsy.  Molly told me she almost died when she was an infant.  I snapped this picture while we were in Chapel one Sunday morning.





A lovely Kimchee pot!







This is one of the residents that lives in Molly's house.  Her name is Kim, Ga-Hyun.  She has stomach cancer and often doesn't feel good.  This particular day she came out of her room, and had a meal with us.  So I took the opportunity to get a few nice pictures of her. 

Molly told us they could have put a feeding tube in her, but Molly said no.  One of the few joys these residents have is to eat (they LOVE to eat!) And Molly said she didn't want to take that joy away from Ga-Hyun. 

A feeding tube would have made things easier for the house mother's.  Ga-Hyun tends to eat and then will "erp" it up (as Molly would say), but the house mother's will clean her up and feed her again.  Truly an act of love.  One day I was teasing Martin about having a big appetite, and Martin made a funny face as he stuffed rice into his mouth.  To our surprise Ga-Hyun started to laugh! so Martin stuffed more rice into his mouth as she giggled!



No comments:

Post a Comment