Thursday, March 18, 2010

MY NEW BIBLE

Yesterday I went into Seoul, and went to the largest book store in the city.  It was HUGE!!! it was the entire bottom floor of a department store.  It was a bit overwhelming when you started to walk around and see all the different categories of books!

I made my way to the "religion" section and found where I could buy a new Bible.  Many of the employee's here at Holt Ilsan Town have a Korean / English Bible.  Molly has her own personal one, and several she's received as gifts. Bibles here in Korea come in every color imaginable.  They also come in their own cover that zips up.  Inside, all of the books are in Korean; so you kinda gotta know the order of the books of the Bible.  Korean is on the left, English on the right. 

As I was looking at all the different Bibles they had, I actually thought to myself, "this is most likely going to be the last Bible I ever purchase in my lifetime..."  With that in mind, I chose carefully and thought about which one I wanted to have for the rest of my life.  Of course if you know me, I couldn't pass up on this beautiful lilac colored Bible. 
When I got back to my room, I began to highlight some of my favorite passages.  Now I have my first Bible I ever received, and my last Bible I'll ever have. 



3 comments: