Monday, March 22, 2010

LAUNDRY NIGHT

I thought I would show you all how laundry is done here in Korea...for the most part, there are no driers; just washing machines.  After I was here a week, I thought I should do some laundry.  I thought I could  probably figure out the washing machine - even though all the buttons are in Korean...NOT!


My laundry got washed and rinsed and then sat in the rinse water.  I couldn't get it to spin.  I finally had to pull out my laundry soaking wet and wring it out...and figure out how to drain the water? When Esther came the following weekend, she showed me what the buttons meant. And let me tell you, the spin cycle is LOUD! it sounds like a helicopter is taking off! Once your clothes are out of the washer, it's to the rack they go!

 

Since I have the luxury of access to the room across the hall from mine (it's where the computer is), I can set-up my laundry rack in there.  Amazingly, everything dries overnight - even  my jeans! It's simple...but effective!

No comments:

Post a Comment