Tuesday, April 6, 2010

MMMmm LUNCH!

I thought I would share what a typical meal is like here at Ilsan Town...you might be able to appreciate why I've lost 15 lbs. in 4 weeks here.


Of course EVERY meal comes with bap (rice), and something green - today it was seaweed soup.  Then there's always something red (which indicates it's spicy) and usually something else, which often we have no idea what it is - but always get the same answer from the Koreans, "It's healthy!"  But today it was bean sprouts.  Then there's the "kim" or dried seaweed.  That's what you put your rice in, along with some of the other side dishes and make a little roll.  Oh and don't forget the Kimchee - it's on the table at EVERY meal, but I always tend to pass on that.

That's basically it for every meal...some bap, something green and lots of red stuff!  very spicy! My spice meter has gone up a few notches since I've been here.  I can tolerate some pretty spicy things now! I'm a spicy girl now!

2 comments:

  1. What? I can't believe you pass on Kimchi. That was your favorite food in 1999. Seems to me you looked all over Denver for a place where you could buy Kimchi. Have your tastes changed?
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like Kimchi - but not with every meal everyday like they eat it...that's a bit much. I'll have it sometimes. But lots of times they have other spicy things they douse in red pepper paste - like turnips, or some kinds of roots, etc...and I like those better, so I'll eat those instead of Kimchi.

    ReplyDelete