Friday, April 30, 2010

SNOW WHITE MUSICAL

Thursday we went into Seoul with about 35 residents to see a musical.  It was called, "A Dwarf who loved Snow White."  It was really neat to see a Broadway style show in Korea.  Not to mention we were in the first and second rows!


First everyone gets their name tag and then it's get on the bus!



Of course some of the little ones zonked out on the bus ride into Seoul...



Checking in at will call...to get our tickets...



And then it was into the theater we go! My group was these 3 ladies from Barbara Home



Han Sol in the front row, ready for the play to begin...



And then after the play, we all went for "kim-bap" - kind of Korean "fast food" here - they're basically sushi rolls, and then you get a small cup of soup as well.  Here's Mee-Hyang's group waiting for their food.



Another group of residents waiting for food...I asked them, "pay-go-pie-yo?" are you hungry? and I was told a definite, "Nay!" (yes)...



Of course my ladies were the most well behaved out of the groups! ha!



Okay, so this is 최 지 영 Choi, Jee Hyung.  He is 28-years-old.  He told me on the bus home he thinks I am beautiful.  When Ms. Choi (no relation) asked if he had a girlfirend? he said no.  When she asked what he would like in a girlfriend, he said someone pretty and kind like me.  She asked him if he would marry me? and he quietly said, "nay" - not a very believeable "yes" - more of a "that's what I should say yes." 

Jee Hyung is a quiet person who often likes to be alone.  When you first see him around Ilsan Town you think he's a volunteer.  I thought he was, and the employee's told me he often gets mistaken for not being a resident.  But the first time we had him for an activity hour, you quickly realize his autistic disability.

No comments:

Post a Comment